- The Minter Field Industrial Center is divided into two industrial parks, zoned Industrial, encompassing the Shafter Airport.
- Located approximately six miles east of downtown Shafter and twelve miles northwest of Bakersfield on Hwy. 99 and Lerdo Hwy.
- Ideal area for freight transportation. The proximity to Hwy. 99 and Interstate 5, two major north-south freeways, Lerdo Hwy., a cross-valley transportation route, and Southern Pacific Transportation Company (railroad) offers access by air, land or rail.
- The District owns 1,172 acres, with 250 acres set aside for Industrial Center development and an additional 500 acres designated for future expansion.
- Offers a business location with developed sites ready to build, from small parcels to large multi-acre lots, or opportunity for developer participation, both at very competitive rates.
- Nearby land uses are predominantly agricultural. Industrial uses – many linked to agriculture or petroleum – are located to the east and southeast. Present tenants include aviation-related business; oil and agriculture-related industry, manufacturing and warehousing; and other miscellaneous service and light manufacturing businesses.
- The Minter Field complex is located within the Shafter Enterprise Zone.
- The International Trade and Transportation Center (ITTC) ideally situated approximately 4 miles away, is a dynamic, new Class “A” Industrial Park to be developed on more than 700 acres in the City of Shafter, Kern County, California. ITTC will provide unparalleled Industrial amenities to manufacturing and distribution companies.
Current Tenant Operations:
Oil and Agriculture:
G.K. Lewis Irrigation
J.D. Rush Company
West Coast Pipe Inspection
Asphalt Pavement & Recycling Technologies, Inc.
Williams & Sonoma
Zambelli Fireworks International
California Department of Food and Agriculture, Cooperative Pink Bollworm Program
United State Department of Agriculture – APHIS